San Bernardino City Fire Department
Fatal Traffic Accident
PIO Assigned: Fire Engineer Jason Buchanan (909) 384-5400
Incident Commander: Battalion Chief Alan Duggan (909) 384-5401
Incident Date: 06/16/2013
Time of call: 02:30 A.M.
Location: Little Mountain Dr. / Under 210 Overpass
Number of units: 3 Medic Engines, 1 Truck Company, 1 Heavy Rescue, 1 Battalion Chief
Cause of Accident: Under investigation
• SBFD units responded to 911 calls for a vehicle that rolled off of the freeway and plummeted down a 60 foot embankment before coming to a stop on Little Mountain Dr. in San Bernardino.
• CHP units were first on scene advising they have multiple victims trapped and possibly one DOA.
• Upon arrival SBFD units encountered a vehicle that had rolled off the freeway and came to rest against a fence under the freeway. Vehicle sustained major damage and was on its roof.
• Multiple SBFD fire units worked quickly to extricate 3 critical victims and they were transported to local area trauma centers.
• One passenger was pronounced dead at the scene by San Bernardino City Fire Paramedics.
• The cause of the accident is still under investigation by CHP
*** The San Bernardino City Fire Department would like to remind all citizens to wear your seatbelts at all times. Seatbelts save lives. ***